02 Sep Lazy vegan burrito – satiating stuffed tortilla in 10 minutes
Today I have something super fast and super delicious for you. Each of us has many such days that cooking and spending time in the kitchen just does not fit into our schedule. Such a day my 10 minutes burrito will rescue you! It is ideal as a snack, lunch or dinner. Actually, It’s also perfect for breakfast, because why not? 🙂 I love to take such tortillas with me to university. I wrap them in aluminum foil or plastic boxes and they are ready to go. In my opinion, this is a much better option than a sandwich. Burrito doesn’t unfold thanks to generous layer of avocado paste, also the risk of being messy is very small. A decisive advantage of this recipe is the fact that all the ingredients are half way done, which you can easily buy in the supermarket.
Burrito has got healthy fats from avocado and hummus, a large amount of protein from beans and lots of aromas that perfectly fit. This is a dish made of canned food in a few minutes, but by choosing whole grain tortilla, which has a natural ingredients list, it is quite healthy. Of course, on my blog you will find even more valuable foods, but in this case we are talking about dish in 10 minutes. This burrito is always better than a burger, fries, candy bars and other junk food, which are tempting on every step. With this tortilla you won’t be hungry for a long time 🙂
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 can 400g of white beans
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon burrito/taco spice
- 1 can 400g of corn
- hummus from THIS RECIPE (click)
- vegan parmesan from THIS RECIPE (click)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 avocado
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the beans and rinse thoroughly. Place in a bowl and mash to a thick paste. Add the chopped onion and taco/burrito spice. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Peel the avocado, place in a bowl and add all the ingredients for a paste. Mash thoroughly until the paste gets creamy. You can also blend it in a blender to speed up the process.
- On board put tortillas and spread a layer of avocado paste. Then put on it 2 tablespoons of mashed beans, as on a picture. Then sprinkle with drained corn, put some parsley leaves, add spoon or two of hummus and sprinkle with vegan parmesan cheese. Wrap the left and right sides inside, do the same with the top. Now fold in a roll. Preheat the frying pan and fry without oil for 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Done!