29 Jul Vegan MARS bars with date caramel – wholesome homemade Mars
Looking at those bars always brings out the rave “ohhh” and “ahhhh.” At the very sight of my Mars bars you will salivate and even the most determined person can’t resist that temptation. When I also add content is very friendly and good for our health, it’s a real hit! Fantastic ingredents, wonderful flavor and creamy and chewy consistency . So there is no time for waiting, you have to make them and try! It’s hard to believe that I made them with the following ingredients, no kidding: dates, coconut oil, cashew nuts, maple syrup, coconut flour, dark chocolate. Those are by far the most spectacular bars I have ever performed. Well, I think everyone will admit that the healthier version of well-known Mars is a very tempting proposition. From now you can eat Mars and feel great!
And why Mars? Sorry but the original version is evil incarnate in the form of a small candy bar. It hides a huge amount of refined sugar, hydrogenated fats, unhealthy additives and components whose name hard to pronounce speak for themself. I think you can definitely make a better choice. I can not remember the last time I ate a real Mars, but I remember one thing: it always hurt my teeth because of this huge single dose of sugar. My bars are sweetened with dates and maple syrup. Can be? Can be! You only need to want it. Good news for less-stricken in the kitchen. Their implementation is quite simple and by following my directions you will smoothly go through the whole process.
Do not beat around the bush, my Mars are:
rich in flavor
- 200g soaked for several hours dates
- 50g molten coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- 150g soaked overnight cashews
- 75g molten coconut oil
- 100g maple syrup
- 50g coconut flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 150g dark chocolate
- 50g of coconut oil
- 10g cocoa powder
- Blend soaked dates thoroughly with melted coconut oil until you get a thick and sticky caramel. Spread a bit of coconut on the bottom of silicone molds to prevent from sticking and press caramel on the bottom of molds, halfway up (a few centimeters). Insert to the freezer.
- Soaked and soft cashews blend with melted coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth. Then add the coconut flour and salt and blend again until the mixture is much more dense and compact. Now remove the previously frozen in molds date caramel and press down above similar amount of nougat and again put in the freezer. Allow to freeze during the night.
- The next day, melt the chocolate over the steam. Next, remove cookies from the molds. Put each cookie on a fork and dip in chocolate glaze. When dipped in chocolate, slide gently on a lined with baking paper plate. Continue doing this until all Mars bars will be covered in chocolate and put them in the freezer until hard. Bars should be stored in the fridge all the time, the chocolate melts fairly quickly, so after removal from the it you should eat them right away and not wait 🙂